You’ll need a pot, a knife and a chopping board. Then you’ll chop, sauté, open some cans, stir and simmer.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- One yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 oz. cans) Garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini, cut into coins
- 2 tsp capers (or more….go for it.)
- salt and pepper
- cooked rice or fresh bread.
- Heat the pan first. Get it hot before you add the olive oil. Saute onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes in their juice, and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes until those chickpeas absorb some juice. Stir.
- Add zucchini and capers, reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve over steamy rice. Serves 5-6.
Yummy, healthy and filling. Enjoy.