Without question, this is my favorite time of year. Lower humidity, cooler mornings and evenings, shorter days and longer nights. Sweater weather. Football games. Fire and beer.
An excellent time to get outside and walk around, too.
Not much in the way of yellow leaves yet, but yellow flowers are everywhere.
I cannot help but smile when I see them.
Yellow is a happy color. It’s supposed to make you feel cheerful and optimistic.
According to color psychology, it is also the color that stimulates your mind and intellect.
I found this site about color psychology. If you have a favorite color, there’s a very elaborate list of personality attributes related to that color. The basic colors though. It’s like reading your horoscope. I got a kick out the degree to which this particular website connects color to personality.
Here’s what they had to say about people whose favorite color is yellow.
Personality Color Yellow
“If yellow is your favorite color you will find yourself somewhere in the description. You may also find you exhibit some of the negative traits, particularly when you are stressed.
- With a personality color yellow you have a happy disposition and are cheerful and fun to be with.
- You are creative, often being the one who comes up with new ideas – an ideas person who needs others to bring the ideas into reality – you tend to have your head in the clouds much of the time.
- You can be very critical of yourself as well as others – a perfectionist.
- You analyze everything, all the time, and are methodical in your thinking.
- With a yellow personality you are impulsive and make quick decisions, but often, out of anxiety, jump in too quickly and rush things rather than taking things at a steady pace.
- You have a strong independent streak in you, and are selective with your choice of friends, keeping a small group of close and like-minded friends rather than being involved in team events or large social gatherings.
- You use your mind to achieve you goals rather than your physical energy.
- You tend to hide your emotions, putting on a brave face in times of adversity.
- You are spontaneous – you are able to think quickly on your feet and make instant decisions.
- You have a modern outlook. New technology doesn’t faze you.
- You communicate well on a mental level with like-minded people, but can become bitter and sharp-tongued if crossed. (REALLY???)
- You are good at networking and getting information out of others. Journalists often resonate with the color yellow.
- Although you find it easy to make money, you tend to spend it rapidly and unwisely. (HOW DO THEY KNOW THIS??)
- With a personality color yellow, you can be stubborn but dislike pettiness and spitefulness of all kinds. (DOES THAT GO FOR GREEN, TOO?)
- You like to think you are intelligent and well educated, with knowledge about many topics.
- You are good at anything that involves the mind, rather than physical pursuits. Chess, crosswords, card games are yellow pursuits.
- You are a smart dresser and always dress to impress.
- You can be deceitful and stubborn if living from a negative perspective.
- You can also be arrogant, pretentious and snobbish.
If you dislike yellow:
- You are practical and down to earth.
- You may not be able to cope with change at this point in your life.
- You prefer to keep your feet firmly planted on the ground and are skeptical of new ideas that haven’t been proven.
- You like to think before you leap – you are not impulsive or spontaneous.”
I read Personality Color Yellow to my children at dinner last night. They thought I was joking as I kept reading, but I’d say it’s probably not far from the mark. I’m a fan of green hues. What’s your favorite?? Do you think it matches your personality?
- The Psychology of Color: Discover Your Color Personality (apartmentguide.com)
- Color Me Happy: Sunflower Yellow (learningtolovewhite.wordpress.com)
- Black Is My Favorite Color (boldmode.wordpress.com)