Pinterest has finally won me over. It’s fantastic for organizing categories for my business and I love the recipes I find there. I found this smoothie recipe a couple of months ago and it is by far, my favorite smoothie in the world. I picked it out for my vegetarian daughter in hopes of getting her to eat more protein and fruit in the morning before school. It worked brilliantly. In fact, she makes them regularly now.
This is all you need and I swear it takes less than five minutes to make.
- 15 ice cubes (or just fill the blender 1/4 full of cubes)
- a banana
- 1/2 cup milk (Any kind. I sneaked in soy and she found out. Still loves it.)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter. Extra Crunchy for texture and flavor.
- 2 tbsp Nutella Hazelnut spread (or one heaping tablespoon)
- dash of pure vanilla extract (optional)
First, add the ice, then the banana. Break it up into pieces.
Next, add the peanut butter.
Then, the nutella
And finally, pour in the milk and vanilla. Blend it!
This is the closest thing to a delicious milkshake. Without the heavy cream. Or heavy anything.